What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play and essential role in the provision of many services of the information society. Amoung others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about browsing habits of a user and its equipment and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and the type of data obtained, the following types of cookies may be used. Two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed with the editor itself and from which the equipment requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by other entity that treats the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser
and may be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Relevant cookies: the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the propose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical Cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it as, for example: control traffic and data communication, identify the session access to parts of an order to make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features during navigation, store content for broadcasting videos or sound to share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. • The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and the elaboration of browsing and platform, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data of the use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer. Equipment by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to enable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the tools or options menu. You can also consult the browser’s help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he/she wants to operate on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista//Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/Kb/-that-the-siteweb-keep-your-prefferences
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/is/privacy-and-security/as-gestion-the-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/in-us/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following.
Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used on www.lacabinamexico.com
Below we identify the cookies that are being used in this portal as well as their type and function:
Acceptance of Cookies Policy
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This warning will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your settings. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy of www.lacabinamexico.com and modify the configuration of your browser.